Saturday, October 22, 2011

Epilepsy & Infantile Spasms?!!?

Well after a 72 hour stay in the hospital we've finally gotten a diagnosis.. as of now Preston's diagnosis is EPILEPSY & pre INFANTILE SPASMS. We found out hes actually having full blown seizures in his sleep- which was hard for me to understand bc I watch him sleep all the time & he never has what most people would assume is a seizure. Yes he jumps a few times but that is all....except according to his brain pattern hes definitely have seizures. Now, this doesnt mean its full blown spastic movements where he's jerking uncontrollably, these are just very subtle & occur during sleep. If he wouldnt have had an EEG, we wouldve never known.

As far as the Infantile Spasms is concerened he these arent full blown & the doctor is trying to get meds to control them before they get to that point. The spasms he's having during the day arent showing any abnormal brain activity..which is GOOD. because infantile spasms can become a very devastating disease.

I am remaining very positive through this all & am receiving such great support through friends and family & it really makes a difference. Its all in Gods hands and I know God will continue to bless me. He has a plan for me & He will give me the strength to pull through it all.

Preston is such an AMAZING baby & such a trooper- he never even cried one time after being hooked up to the EEG after 48 hours. I love my baby boy & will do ANYTHING in this world to get him healthy.

I just wanted to give everyone a quick update & thanks for everything....the support & the thoughts and prayers have really helped keep my spirits up.



God is good & he answered my prayers. I wanted to know what was going on with my baby boy...we're one step closer to get him healthy. I love the Lord!




No comments:

Post a Comment